The Pencil Maker took the pencil aside, just before putting him into the box. “There are five things you need to know,” he told the pencil, “before I send you out into the world. Always remember them, never forget, and you will become the best pencil you can be.
- You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in Someone’s hand.
- You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, but you’ll need it to become a better pencil.
- You will be able to correct any mistakes you might make.
- The most important part of you will always be what’s inside.
- On every surface you are used, you must leave your mark. And no matter what the condition, you must continue to write.”The pencil understood, promised to remember, and went into the box with purpose in its heart.
Now replace the name of the pencil with you. Always remember these five things, never forget, and you will become the best person you can be.